All eligible voters residing within Story County can now vote at the Story County Auditor’s Office. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office is also open for voting the two Saturdays before the election. The auditor’s office is located on the second floor of the Story County Administration Building, 900 Sixth St., Nevada.
• Saturday, May 24: Voter pre-registration deadline. Office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After today, Election Day registration rules apply.
• Monday, May 26: Memorial Day, office closed.
• Friday, May 30: Deadline to request a mailed absentee ballot.
• Saturday, May 31: Auditor’s Office open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Monday, June 2: Last day to vote early in person. Mailed ballots must be postmarked no later than today in order to be considered.
• Tuesday, June 3: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Vote at regular polling places.
Voters can request a mailed absentee ballot by filling out the “Official Iowa Absentee Ballot Request Form.” Fillable forms are available online at www.storycountyiowa.gov/auditor.
An absentee ballot received in the mail can be returned by the following methods:
1. Mail—an envelope is provided and postage is pre-paid. The postmark must be no later than Monday, June 2nd.
2. In person—you may deliver your voted ballot to the Auditor’s Office. The deadline is 9 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, June 3.
3. By Designee—have someone else to mail or deliver the ballot for you. The instructions found in your Absentee Ballot package will include a receipt which you may use for this purpose.